Welcome to where we keep the annual The Bitch List
It’s time for #TheBitchList2019.
This speech from Viola Davis about “running with wolves” sums it up:
The list will be published the Monday following The Golden Globes, January 7, 2019
HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS:
Nominations are now open from December 1 until 5pm PST on Friday, December 21, 2018. Email them to: email@example.com
HOW TO DO IT if you are an entertainment industry professional:
– You can nominate feature length scripts or teleplays
– Do not nominate yourself – do not nominate your own script(s)
– Nominations must come from your work email – include your title OR if it’s from your personal email – include your IMDB link/why you’re qualified to rate scripts
– Please send nominations in this format:
Name of writer(s):
Type of script: (examples: Comedy Feature, 1-hour Drama, etc.)
Representation: (agent or manager)
Status: (available or not)
– Do not send a list of more than 3 nominations
Each nominated story will get 1 point
Please specify in the email if your nomination(s) pass an additional screenwriting test
The TOP 5 point earners will receive the latest Final Draft 11 software for free!
We are committed to helping an array of writers tell their tales faster and more easily.
The entire list will be more than 5 scripts. Remember- votes are still subjective, so if you do not make this list, it doesn’t mean you’re a bad writer.
Thank you for participating, so we can all know what scripts are out there that will further our society and which reps/agencies/management companies are actually into real change and not just maintaining the status quo.
Please be mindful:
– This list is run by one human being who counts these nominations & keeps things in order. Do not send the scripts themselves (no attachments please)
– This human is not here to perform free labor for you- ie. be told what to tweet and when, to be your personal PR machine or to be your literary rep
Can’t wait to see #TheBitchList2019 & what trends we have for 2019 in film & television!
Thank you to our sponsor, Final Draft screenwriting software
This list is of the entertainment industry’s best liked Bechdel Test passing scripts.
The test is a very low bar to pass where:
2 named women talk to each other about something other than a man
This list is here to encourage more inclusive story-telling and better dialogue on the page and in real life.
For lists from previous years, please go here
For more information about The Bitch Pack, please go here
Every year there are think pieces about which awards season films pass The Bechdel Test, ala this one in The New Yorker.
Yes, writers have been signed to some big ass agencies and big ass name reps, writers have been staffed on major network shows, impactful theatrically released films have been made and deals have been struck from this list! The Bitch List alumni have also interestingly enough- made it onto The Black List & The Blood List after being featured here…